But here's some of what I've been doing for the last few weeks:
For the motherfunny site NickMom, I had:
- Nanny Application: Ke$ha. So. Much. Glitter.
- I Wish I Could Be Like: Jane Jetson. Two words: robot maid.
- Nanny Application: Darth Vader. This is the nanny you're looking for.
- Your Guide to Facebook Moms: Foodie Mom. Shut up about the spiced kale chips, already.
For Redbook's Mamarama blog, I ranted about:
- Disturbing and ironic use of The Lorax to shill SUVs for Mazda (IT'S LIKE RAAIIIN...)
- Parental Peer Pressure: A Game I Cannot Win (Unlike Lego Harry Potter 2, at which I am kicking ass.)
Over on Strollerderby, Babble.com's parenting news site, here were my favorite posts of the last few weeks:
Nutjobs Rail Against Non-Existent Trans Darth Vader Character. OMG, this is the story bloggers dream of. It has it all: Darth Vader, RuPaul, and a really nutty conservative family values group that doesn't seem to edit or proof their news releases. But they do have mad skillz with PhotoShop, apparently, and created this:
I swear to God, I can't make this stuff up. And thanks to the Florida Family Association, I don't have to!
6 Internet Trends to Skip and 6 to Keep Doing. Did you know that breading cats is a thing?
24 Etsy Toys You Can Never Un-See. It seems the fine artists at Etsy have been watching a tad too much Toy Story.
In more serious news, I covered the following stories:
Autism: A discredited British autism study doctor had his medical license reinstated.
Special Education: A teacher's aide was caught on tape assaulting a 12-year-old nonverbal autistic girl.
Women's History Month: 10 Things We Can Thank Feminists for, and 10 Things We Still Need to Work on
Here in my own world, in case you missed it, the Pork Lo Maniac was finally diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. Also, it's not too late to submit a photo for my autism awareness video project!