I should mention that none of these teachers is the PBK's teacher, thank God.
Let's list the problems I have with this, shall we?
- Punishing an entire group for the poor behavior of some only works in the military. It works in the military, because after lights out, the one who fouled up gets the crap beaten out of him or herself. I'm guessing that's not what we're encouraging first-graders to do.
- Are you effing kidding me?
- Take the first grade on a field trip to Chuck E. Cheese.
- Write "I will not withhold basic human needs from my students" on the blackboard 300 times.
- Next teacher in-service topic: Positive Discipline Strategies, or Why Military-Style Discipline Is Not Okay for Six-Year-Olds
- Withhold coffee on our first morning back after Winter Break.